2008 iqrr 600

Tomas.

35 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Let the man buy what he wants.  It sounds like he just wants a ditch banging good time...and this machine is certainly that.  Assuming the updates and other shit to look out for that Aiqpilot mentioned earlier.  And even still...if you like messing with these toys, it’ll give you stuff to do all year.  Mine gets pretty much ripped apart throughout the summer, cleaned, improved, etc....

So what if it’s not a comfy-cozy ride for 100’s of miles.  None of mine have been.  I get all I need out of a couple of hard 40 mile runs a week and find it much more fun than the couple of 100+ milers I’ll do each season with a group.

Hey Thomas, LET’R RIP, TATER CHIP!!!!  (Brotater, Teddy Brosevelt, Brofesser....)

However, the fact you can’t seem to get him to send you the VIN and it appears he’s flakey and has been flakey on this whole deal for some time is what throws the red flags for me.  So.....

He has been very flakey. I was talking to him back in October when he first listed it for trade. He flaked on me then. Talk to him for 3 weeks trying to arrange a time. At the end he said he was going to keep it and put a turbo on it his dad found. 

Then 2 weekends ago he posted it back up for trade. I messaged him again. Had no idea that I was talking to him a month and a half earlier. He was supposed to come the Saturday we just had but he found out on Friday night he had a funeral to go to on Saturday. So we rescheduled for Sunday. Sunday rolls around and the starter goes on his truck. So we reschedule for last night and apparently he didn't get his starter fixed and his ride bailed on him. Found that out 2 hours after he was supposed to show. 

12 minutes ago, Tomas. said:

He has been very flakey. I was talking to him back in October when he first listed it for trade. He flaked on me then. Talk to him for 3 weeks trying to arrange a time. At the end he said he was going to keep it and put a turbo on it his dad found. 

Then 2 weekends ago he posted it back up for trade. I messaged him again. Had no idea that I was talking to him a month and a half earlier. He was supposed to come the Saturday we just had but he found out on Friday night he had a funeral to go to on Saturday. So we rescheduled for Sunday. Sunday rolls around and the starter goes on his truck. So we reschedule for last night and apparently he didn't get his starter fixed and his ride bailed on him. Found that out 2 hours after he was supposed to show. 

Dude pass on this sled.  I know you want it but guy is sketchy at best.  Save a headache 

19 minutes ago, Tomas. said:

Put a turbo on it???????

Holy shit!  You must really want it because this whole thing stinks to high hell to me.  I bet he’s made that thing into a time bomb and he knows it.  Or, he’s an idiot.

Either way, I’d drop it.  There’s plenty of racers around if you dig for them.  Even if you gotta spend the night somewhere to get one.

7 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

Dude pass on this sled.  I know you want it but guy is sketchy at best.  Save a headache 

I have been thinking the same thing. I have a ton of patience but they are just about done.

And zambroski, he did not turbo it. That was his reason for not letting it go back in October

1 hour ago, Tomas. said:

I was just about to post this lol

Screenshot_2017-12-12-06-23-38.png

Long ass drive for sure. :bc:

Maybe XLT will throw in a handy. :lol:

Oops sorry hes not a cat guy. 

1 hour ago, DriftBusta said:

Why don't you just sell your sled outright and go shopping.  Seems like a big pain in the balls to convert unless you're gonna go sno-x racing. :dunno:  

Like youve never bought anything that was a pita....just because you wanted it...

1 hour ago, Kev144 said:

It's a RR so it's a race replica with consumer 600 but still a major Pia :bc: 

Fun!

1 hour ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Lol... I was kidding. 

I know. :)

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Hey XLT....how much you asking? :whistle:

Idk. I had some lookers at 3900........ Probably will be able to get rid of it for 3500 realistically. I just rebuilt the thing from top to bottom, so now I am emotionally attached to the silly bitch. Might just keep it as a backup or when I want to look super cool in front of teenage sledneck wannabes. 

18 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

Idk. I had some lookers at 3900........ Probably will be able to get rid of it for 3500 realistically. I just rebuilt the thing from top to bottom, so now I am emotionally attached to the silly bitch. Might just keep it as a backup or when I want to look super cool in front of teenage sledneck wannabes. 

Is that not what we all want to do? Lol

Well after ignoring my messages since Tuesday. He just messaged me tonight saying the turbo blew on his duramax and now he needs to sell the sled to fix it. He wants 3700 for the sled because that is what it will take to fix his truck lol. I wish I was not such a nice person and tell him to take his problems else where for jerking me around on the trade.

Also just told me that the reason that he couldn't give me the vin is because he never in three years bothered to get the sled registered or insured. And the sled is 45 mins away at "the cabin" so he doesn't know the vin. Sounds like a stupid decision to me.

Edited by Tomas.

4 minutes ago, Tomas. said:

Well after ignoring my messages since Tuesday. He just messaged me tonight saying the turbo blew on his duramax and now he needs to sell the sled to fix it. He wants 3700 for the sled because that is what it will take to fix his truck lol. I wish I was not such a nice person and tell him to take his problems else where for jerking me around on the trade.

Also just told me that the reason that he couldn't give me the vin is because he never in three years bothered to get the sled registered or insured. And the sled is 45 mins away at "the cabin" so he doesn't know the vin. Sounds like a stupid decision to me.

Tomas, you seriously need to give up on this guy.  It is getting sketchy by the minute.  If you buy this sled you likely will have issues.  Seems really fucked up.  

21 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Pass on the sled.  You can find a decent 600 Rev for that kind of money.  I think there are a couple of 600 Revs on Kijiji right now.  

I can not stand revs. My brother used to own a 07 rev and I hated the riding position and style. 

4 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Well you might be stuck with the M then.  

Ya I was thinking the same thing. I posted it for trade for anything in an IQ chassis with a 136" or less and 600 cc but I only got a response from a guy with an 2002 800 rmk

3 minutes ago, Tomas. said:

Ya I was thinking the same thing. I posted it for trade for anything in an IQ chassis with a 136" or less and 600 cc but I only got a response from a guy with an 2002 800 rmk

you'll find something.  this guy with the IQ RR is fucked.  

7 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

you'll find something.  this guy with the IQ RR is fucked.  

Ya, it is nice not being in a rush to sell or anything