2008 iqrr 600

Tomas.

• Platinum Contributing Member
31 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Good!  

Hell, I’ve still got shit to do to mine but with no snow, I’m kinda putzing along.  No big rush. :(

I usually don't try and ride till after the first of the year, but I am behind in getting going..I guess I'm supposed to clean these exhaust valve things. First 2 stroke......

:bashhead:

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

How many miles on that?

I was being silly...:crazy:

But 1600, I have only ever ran an oil I sell,  even sucked out the break-in oil, so I want to check them out, very interested in seeing how the look 

Just now, Rigid1 said:

I was being silly...:crazy:

But 1600, I have only ever ran an oil I sell,  even sucked out the break-in oil, so I want to check them out, very interested in seeing how the look 

I know about zero about the axys and not much more about any poo but are they hard to pull out?

Well the guy has been a major flake. Couldn't make it again tonight. Either he is stringing me along or has the worst luck in history. It would be a lot easier to tell him to kick rocks if he wasn't the only person in all of Alberta with an iqr(r) for sale. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

Why do you want an iqr?  One of the worst trail sleds with out a lot of work and money 

I always had a thing for them. Think they are one of the best looking sleds on snow. Also I have had a 2007 iq with the Fox shocks with the remote rezzies and a 2010 Dragon switchback with the walker Evans and the suspension has always been way to soft for my fat ass. So on the suspension department it rocks for me lol. And I don't have any trails to fly through and be all technical about or do any long rides where I have to worry about fuel economy. And theoretically the chassis should be able to take whatever I throw at it without too much issue.

Edited by Tomas.

7 hours ago, Tomas. said:

I always had a thing for them. Think they are one of the best looking sleds on snow. Also I have had a 2007 iq with the Fox shocks with the remote rezzies and a 2010 Dragon switchback with the walker Evans and the suspension has always been way to soft for my fat ass. So on the suspension department it rocks for me lol. And I don't have any trails to fly through and be all technical about or do any long rides where I have to worry about fuel economy. And theoretically the chassis should be able to take whatever I throw at it without too much issue.

You sound a lot like me....I bought a converted IQR race Sled for the same reasons...loved the looks, it had character, tough as nails......kept that one a couple of months. :lol:

8 hours ago, Tomas. said:

Drive to the great state of Wisconsin. Buy mine... 

16 hours ago, Tomas. said:

I am 30 mins west of Edmonton, so yes. What makes this one very tempting is the fact I won't be out of pocket. He wants a mountain sled and I want a flat land sled. And with the prices of m8's right now and with mine being such high mileage, it is hard to flip

Why don't you just sell your sled outright and go shopping.  Seems like a big pain in the balls to convert unless you're gonna go sno-x racing. :dunno:  

Used 2-3-? owner race sleds with no service records or history you can track down?  Unless you know all about it, can get underneath it, and know what you're dealing with.  I'm not sure I see the point.  The luster would likely wear off first ride, and around here those pipes would get you a ticket too. :bc: 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DriftBusta said:

Used 2-3-? owner race sleds with no service records or history you can track down?  Unless you know all about it, can get underneath it, and know what you're dealing with.  I'm not sure I see the point.  The luster would likely wear off first ride, and around here those pipes would get you a ticket too. :bc: 

It's a RR so it's a race replica with consumer 600 but still a major Pia :bc: 

4 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

This one is not a race sled. It is a factory converted trail sled. 

There are no snow x races out where I am. Low chance it was ever raced other than against friends.

Screenshot_2017-12-12-06-35-17.png

Edited by Tomas.

Let the man buy what he wants.  It sounds like he just wants a ditch banging good time...and this machine is certainly that.  Assuming the updates and other shit to look out for that Aiqpilot mentioned earlier.  And even still...if you like messing with these toys, it’ll give you stuff to do all year.  Mine gets pretty much ripped apart throughout the summer, cleaned, improved, etc....

So what if it’s not a comfy-cozy ride for 100’s of miles.  None of mine have been.  I get all I need out of a couple of hard 40 mile runs a week and find it much more fun than the couple of 100+ milers I’ll do each season with a group.

Hey Thomas, LET’R RIP, TATER CHIP!!!!  (Brotater, Teddy Brosevelt, Brofesser....)

However, the fact you can’t seem to get him to send you the VIN and it appears he’s flakey and has been flakey on this whole deal for some time is what throws the red flags for me.  So.....

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Good.  You’ve got the only sled in Madison.  You get rid of it, nothing left but Uggs, ponytails and terrible coffee at Starbucks in Madison.

:lol:

It’s not like I sell it and I don’t get another... I would be buying the worlds greatest platform and overall baddest looking sled on earth... POLARIS SKS. 

Edited by xtralettucetomatoe580

9 minutes ago, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

It’s not like I sell it and I don’t get another... I would be buying the worlds greatest platform and overall baddest looking sled on earth... POLARIS SKS. 

Could have sworn it said gayest platform before your edit :lol: