2008 iqrr 600

Tomas.

1 hour ago, Tomas. said:

I am 30 mins west of Edmonton, so yes. What makes this one very tempting is the fact I won't be out of pocket. He wants a mountain sled and I want a flat land sled. And with the prices of m8's right now and with mine being such high mileage, it is hard to flip

:bc:

13 minutes ago, DAVE said:

:bc:

I know it is not the ideal situation. I just hope I come out with a sled that brings me many years of enjoyment, not something I can't wait to dump

8 minutes ago, Tomas. said:

I know it is not the ideal situation. I just hope I come out with a sled that brings me many years of enjoyment, not something I can't wait to dump

Those RRs are pretty hardcore...not the ideal trail sled imo but fun as a 2nd sled for playing. :bc:

6 minutes ago, DAVE said:

Those RRs are pretty hardcore...not the ideal trail sled imo but fun as a 2nd sled for playing. :bc:

its going to be his main sled from what i see.  Not really ideal, hopefully tolerable :bc: 

Yes it will be my only sled. But unfortunately I won't be riding a whole lot. Alberta trails a really limited and I don't know anybody that trail rides. There is one poker run that some guys I know do other that that, everyone heads to the mountains. So for a weekend they take Friday off work, drive 6 hours West, sled half of friday, hotel, sled Saturday, Hotel, drive 6 hours home Sunday. It is a $400 weekend not including missed pay for Friday or if you break anything. I just cant do that at this stage of the game. 

I am looking for something to beat around in the fields and goat paths with the odd trail ride thrown in. 

Edited by Tomas.

3 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

I headed out to pick up some shocks and visit a couple friends. I may not be around then. 

Ok, all good. Thank you very much for all your info and help. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 hours ago, Tomas. said:

I am 30 mins west of Edmonton, so yes. What makes this one very tempting is the fact I won't be out of pocket. He wants a mountain sled and I want a flat land sled. And with the prices of m8's right now and with mine being such high mileage, it is hard to flip

I have a 2009 M8 HCR and I feel your pain...I could sell mine all day long for 3000 bucks but that ain't gonna happen! :lol: 

7 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I have a 2009 M8 HCR and I feel your pain...I could sell mine all day long for 3000 bucks but that ain't gonna happen! :lol: 

They are that cheap Canadian all day long lol

3 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

All used sleds are rock bottom. I'm not selling anything 

Yeah I will probably just keep the M8....it's pretty minty for being 9 years old and there are zero issues with it.

2 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Yeah I will probably just keep the M8....it's pretty minty for being 9 years old and there are zero issues with it.

We need a few good winters in the Midwest , so we can dump our old iron.:lol:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, CaddisFly said:

My IQRR is my primary trail sled. I've ridden newer sleds from every brand, but I still prefer the RR.

Here's what I've done:

1. Changed jetting to 410s. If I ride aggressively, I average 8 mpg. If I'm cruising steadily, I average 10 mpg.

2. Added a Mountain Addiction rack system with a 3-gallon spare fuel tank. Total capacity now = almost 12 gallons. (8.8 + 3)

3. Updated to a 2015 IQR front end. The sled absolutely rails now.

With this set-up, my RR is equally at home on my buddy's sno-x practice track and on the trails.

BTW, I have an extra RR pipe, but I do not have an extra muffler.

Edited by CaddisFly

21 minutes ago, CaddisFly said:

Where abouts are you? And buddy hasn't shown up. He was supposed to an hour and a half ago but no dice. 

6 hours ago, Zambroski said:

But the upside is..........................................

You bought the cat version of the same sled..

:lol:

:hdchr:

1 minute ago, Rigid1 said:

Not really.  Pretty much same platform as my last sled.  And most other cats.  Their racing sleds pretty much make it to the consumer side pretty close to the racers.

You silly Poo guy!!!!!! :lmao:

Still got that Cat?

31 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Not really.  Pretty much same platform as my last sled.  And most other cats.  Their racing sleds pretty much make it to the consumer side pretty close to the racers.

You silly Poo guy!!!!!! :lmao:

Still got that Cat?

Heck yeah,  the boy is anxious to get out on it..I gots to get into sled mode next week,..still sitting in the trailer..😕

5 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Heck yeah,  the boy is anxious to get out on it..I gots to get into sled mode next week,..still sitting in the trailer..😕

Good!  

Hell, I’ve still got shit to do to mine but with no snow, I’m kinda putzing along.  No big rush. :(

51 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

read my mind :lol: except broski has way less range. I just cant take a 40 something year old dude seriously who bought a fucking ricky race sled 

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

read my mind :lol: except broski has way less range. I just cant take a 40 something year old dude seriously who bought a fucking ricky race sled 

That’s because your testosterone is estrogen.  And it’s still low.

Faggot/Dyke.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Even I laughed hard at that one.  I farted. :lmao:

seriously.....what the fuck are you going to do about the fact that your sled will run out of gas in 30 miles if you are floggin it 

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

seriously.....what the fuck are you going to do about the fact that your sled will run out of gas in 30 miles if you are floggin it 

My usual “track” ride has 2 gas stops within 25 miles.  And I’m obviously gonna convert the tank giving me another 3.5-4 gallons.