1996 formula 3 600 triple

Curious if anyone can help me with what my idle should be at with my 96 formula 3 600 triple ... seems low and wants to die while warming up unless I gently hold the throttle ... it’s idling at about 1200 right now ... lights are dim on the dash until I throttle up ... I’m sure it should be higher while warming up ... thanks in advance ... — newbie

52EA2703-8B84-4D13-9BF9-7B696779C117.jpeg

13 hours ago, Formula31996 said:

Curious if anyone can help me with what my idle should be at with my 96 formula 3 600 triple ... seems low and wants to die while warming up unless I gently hold the throttle ... it’s idling at about 1200 right now ... lights are dim on the dash until I throttle up ... I’m sure it should be higher while warming up ... thanks in advance ... — newbie

52EA2703-8B84-4D13-9BF9-7B696779C117.jpeg

Before anything....make sure your carbs are in sync....

Open the throttle fully and adjust each carb slider to be level or ever so slightly above the top of the inlet.
Once that's done, fully close the throttle and use the idle screw stop to adjust each carb closing to be the same height. You can use a drill bit to adjust each carb to the same height.
verify your idle, adjust each carb (idle stop screw) the same amount to increase or decrease your idle. Idle should be about 1800 rpm or so.

Same process for round or slide carbs only the sliders have one stop on the throttle for all three carbs so you don't really need to verify with drill bits once the fully open is adjusted, simply adjust your idle

• 2 months later...