What is the actual charge?

JEFF

Could the resident experts on the Russia investigation please outline what the actual accusation(s) is regarding Trump? And what net effect they may have had on the election?

I'm going to go start some popcorn so don't disappoint... 

45 minutes ago, JEFF said:

Could the resident experts on the Russia investigation please outline what the actual accusation(s) is regarding Trump? And what net effect they may have had on the election?

Hes charged with creating massive butthurticus.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mainecat said:

Your really not this stupid nice try.

List up the actual charges? And before you start screaming "collusion" i want the actual charges. Like Trump got russia to brainwash 55 million americans with their death ray machine or something like that. Get specific.

• Platinum Contributing Member

Right now I think it will basically come down to Obstruction in the Comey firing.   Legal experts are all over the place on that.   One thing agreed upon by most of them is they most likely would have to catch Trump doing something else illegal in order for it to go anywhere and even that is sketchy.  Same thing that caught Bill Clinton and Dick Nixon.  

Collusion is laughable as are violations of the Logan Act.   It hasn't even been charged in 168 years and even that one failed.  

What would be interesting is the challenge that Mueller never should have been hired in the first place if it was done because of the dossier.   My gut is telling me Trump is letting it play out because he's not afraid of what they will find.  With his ego he would have been taking action if they had something on him.  

Edited by Highmark

3 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Right now I think it will basically come down to Obstruction in the Comey firing.   Legal experts are all over the place on that.   One thing agreed upon by most of them is they most likely would have to catch Trump doing something else illegal in order for it to go anywhere and even that is sketchy.  Same thing that caught Bill Clinton and Dick Nixon.  

Collusion is laughable as are violations of the Logan Act.   It hasn't even been charged in 168 years and even that one failed.  

What would be interesting is the challenge that Mueller never should have been hired in the first place if it was done because of the dossier.   My gut is telling me Trump is letting it play out because he's not afraid of what they will find.  With his ego he would have been taking action if they had something on him.  

I agree on the bold 100%. He'd be like a rabid squirrel if he knew what was coming for crimes he actually committed.

Just now, JEFF said:

I agree on the bold 100%. He'd be like a rabid squirrel if he knew what was coming for crimes he actually committed.

Not only that but look what happened in just the past few days much less the rest of the investigation.   More evidence of the deep state swamp.   Reality is this investigation could be a  huge benefit for Trump and the GOP.  

Even though it didn't come from the investigation since it started we learned that Hillary and the DNC where the ones behind Steele's dossier work, The Podesta group has its share of troubles, the FBI under Mueller buried Russian bribery to help the Clintons, FBI agents involved in the Clinton email and Trump case were extremely biased.   All for what?   4 people charged, 2 of which were for things prior to the campaign and one for lying to the FBI about LEGAL communications with Russian officials.  :lol:  

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Not only that but look what happened in just the past few days much less the rest of the investigation.   More evidence of the deep state swamp.   Reality is this investigation could be a  huge benefit for Trump and the GOP.  

Even though it didn't come from the investigation since it started we learned that Hillary and the DNC where the ones behind Steele's dossier work, The Podesta group has its share of troubles, the FBI under Mueller buried Russian bribery to help the Clintons, FBI agents involved in the Clinton email and Trump case were extremely biased.   All for what?   4 people charged, 2 of which were for things prior to the campaign and one for lying to the FBI about LEGAL communications with Russian officials.  :lol:  

You are right on that. There's going to have to be an investigation of Mueller before this is done. He's exposing just how corrupt things were under him. It's a fucking joke at this point.

13 minutes ago, JEFF said:

You are right on that. There's going to have to be an investigation of Mueller before this is done. He's exposing just how corrupt things were under him. It's a fucking joke at this point.

Lets not forget the 27 current investigations going on into leakers as well as the unmasking investigations that need to be done.

The FISA court is suppose to hold a very high standard to issuing warrants and if it comes out they did based on the dossier then their integrity is crushed. 

All the while Trump just sits back and watches it happen.   

Edited by Highmark

Just now, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

And from obstruction it will go to fit for office. They don’t have shit. He’s a piece of garbage, but he seems to have insulated himself just fine so far.

Insulated?   I haven't seen evidence of that yet.   You know even if he is a piece of garbage to people in ways there is a real possibility he never did anything wrong.   Just because your egotistical doesn't mean you have a propensity to break the law. 

4 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Insulated?   I haven't seen evidence of that yet.   You know even if he is a piece of garbage to people in ways there is a real possibility he never did anything wrong.   Just because your egotistical doesn't mean you have a propensity to break the law. 

No, I’m saying if he did do anything he insulated himself enough. There is nothing there. So the powers to be will move on to a new narrative. My guess will be fit to serve or some other shitick. 

Just now, xtralettucetomatoe580 said:

No, I’m saying if he did do anything he insulated himself enough. There is nothing there. So the powers to be will move on to a new narrative. My guess will be fit to serve or some other shitick. 

No doubt.   There has never been the vitriol for a President like there is for Trump.   Right out of the gate.   Not denying he hasn't brought on a bit himself but its amazing to watch and reality is I don't think most realize its that hatred that makes some support him even more.  

Just now, Highmark said:

No doubt.   There has never been the vitriol for a President like there is for Trump.   Right out of the gate.   Not denying he hasn't brought on a bit himself but its amazing to watch and reality is I don't think most realize its that hatred that makes some support him even more.  

Yep. The press are their own worst enemies. 

4 hours ago, JEFF said:

There’s no charge. It’s an investigation.