• PipPip
  • 16,927 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 10:08 AM

http://nypost.com/20...-is-a-disgrace/

Flirty Obama owes us an apology
By Andrea Peyser
December 12, 2013 | 4:25am

Modal Trigger

President Obama shares a laugh with Danish Prime Minister Helle Thorning-Schmidt as his wife, first lady Michelle Obama looks on during a memorial service for late South African President Nelson Mandela.
Photo: AP Photo/Matt Dunham
Maybe he went into sugar shock over a Danish pastry.
The president of the United States, leader of the free world, standard-bearer for everything upright, good and wholesome about the nation he leads, lost his morality, his dignity and his mind, using the solemn occasion of Nelson Mandelas memorial service Tuesday to act like a hormone-ravaged frat boy on a road trip to a strip bar.
In front of 91 world leaders, the mourning nation of South Africa and Obamas clearly furious wife, Michelle, the president flirted, giggled, whispered like a recalcitrant child and made a damn fool of himself at first sight of Denmarks voluptuously curvy and married prime minister, Helle Thorning-Schmidt.
Not to be outdone by the presidents bad behavior, the Danish hellcat hiked up her skirt to expose long Scandinavian legs covered by nothing more substantial than sheer black stockings.
With Michelle glowering, the world judging and mental fidelity floating into the abyss, the president leaned into the air space of the cross-legged Danish cupcake, who is known in Copenhagen as a fan of Americas randy TV show Sex and the City. It was the memorial equivalent of a bodice-ripper.
Modal Trigger

1/11
Obama takes a selfie with British Prime Minister David Cameron and Denmarks Prime Minister Helle Thorning Schmidt as Michelle Obama gives her husband the cold shoulder.
Getty Images
Thorning-Schmidt placed her hands dangerously close to Obamas side. The presidents cackling head moved inches from the Danish tarts and yards away from his wifes. Obama then proceeded to absorb body heat from the Dane, which he wont be feeling at home for a long time.
This wasnt a key party. This was a service that filled an entire Johannesburg soccer stadium for Mandela, the great leader who freed his people out of racial oppression and died last Thursday at age 95.
He was a man who Obama compared at the memorial to Abraham Lincoln, Mahatma Gandhi and Dr. Martin Luther King. And here was the president, publicly behaving as if he was plotting his next hook-up.
It was unseemly.
Michelle frowned and looked as if she wanted to spit acid at the man she married, a good-time guy who humiliated her in front of their friends, the world and a blonde bimbo who hadnt the sense to cover up and keep it clean.
Finally, Obama posed for an iPhone selfie with the Danish hottie and British Prime Minister David Cameron. Only after the damaging photo eruption did Obama get hold of himself and regain a dim memory of his marriage vows. He finally straightened his face and moved away from the gentle gams of the Danish object of his desire.
He leaned nearer to Michelle, who clearly wasnt having any of her husband.

On Wednesday, Thorning-Schmidt saw nothing wrong with the public display of middle-aged lust. One Danish Facebook user called the antics of a president of 52 and a prime minister of 46 frivolous and disrespectful. Another said it was extremely inappropriate and embarrassing.
But Thorning-Schmidt attempted to laugh off the whole thing, saying, It was not inappropriate. Not inappropriate?
Pairing a black suit and blue tie is not inappropriate. Giving your wife grounds for divorce might be seen as otherwise.
But people wont soon forget the escapades of the people whose salaries they pay.
President Obama has some splaining to do. To the woman he married. To his daughters. To the people of South Africa. And to the scandalized folks here at home.
He owes the world an apology.
FILED UNDERBARACK OBAMA, HELLE THORNING-SCHMIDT, MICHELLE OBAMA, NELSON MANDELA, SELFIES

#2 elkhorn

elkhorn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16,927 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 10:34 AM

Michele looks pretty pissed in those pics.
Sad behavior from a president at a funeral next to his wife

#3 KIVALO

KIVALO

Sailing: The religion of wind & water, women & wine

• USA Contributing Members
  • 42,548 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 10:36 AM

From the looks of it even the secret service cant protect Obama from this one.

#4 Snoslinger

Snoslinger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52,385 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 10:37 AM

:lol: paleez. i was wondering what rww would post this shit. i bet your sources didnt show the pic of michelle laughing it up with the 4 of them did they? just the pissed off look one. imagine that.

Edited by Snoslinger, 12 December 2013 - 10:39 AM.

#5 CCrev440

CCrev440

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9,819 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 10:38 AM

He'll be having hot tongue and cold shoulder for Christm, errr, winter solstice dinner.

#6 Naturally Aspirated

Naturally Aspirated

Baby, I'm the bourgeoisie!

• 46,981 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 10:39 AM

What a load of garbage this article is. Complete trash.

Neal

#7 Snoslinger

Snoslinger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52,385 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 10:40 AM

What a load of garbage this article is. Complete trash.

Neal

i thought this story was too far fetched for even in here. leave it to elky.

#8 elkhorn

elkhorn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16,927 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 11:01 AM

So I see the resident retards give him yet another pass , typical

#9 elkhorn

elkhorn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16,927 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 11:04 AM

i thought this story was too far fetched for even in here. leave it to elky.

How is it far fetched? He's at a funeral , acting like an ass. Did you see it?
Oh and sources? It's the ny post article

Edited by elkhorn, 12 December 2013 - 11:05 AM.

#10 NASTY

NASTY

shocking

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 11:09 AM

how disrespectful. this is a POTUS?

#11 Delgaty

Delgaty

• CDN Contributing Members
  • 6,562 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 11:11 AM

You're not allowed to socialize at funerals?  During the eulogy and service, it isn't a good time to goof around I agree but if its beforehand or afterward, or your attention isn't expected to be to the podium what's wrong with talking with friends/family/assiciates, etc?  Last funeral I went to people were laughing in the pews before hand and laughing at the reception afterward.  Just reminiscing funny times with the deceased or talking about something unrelated all together.

#12 Velvet Love

Velvet Love

French Canadians Suck

• 70,023 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 11:21 AM

Well, since Del has been to a funeral where people laugh and joke, I suppose that settles the issue.

I saw the video.  I thought it was bad behavior.  Oh well.

#13 Naturally Aspirated

Naturally Aspirated

Baby, I'm the bourgeoisie!

• 46,981 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 11:23 AM

You're not allowed to socialize at funerals?  During the eulogy and service, it isn't a good time to goof around I agree but if its beforehand or afterward, or your attention isn't expected to be to the podium what's wrong with talking with friends/family/assiciates, etc?  Last funeral I went to people were laughing in the pews before hand and laughing at the reception afterward.  Just reminiscing funny times with the deceased or talking about something unrelated all together.

Unacceptable!!!

Neal

#14 gravy davey

gravy davey

Boondocker

• CDN Contributing Members
  • 24,266 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 11:23 AM

If looks could kill  :lol:

#15 CCrev440

CCrev440

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9,819 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 11:24 AM

People taking selfies?

It's not the end of the world and the look on Michelle's face is priceless and funny, but as Jon Stewart said about the selfie taken at a memorial for someone of Mandela's importance; "that's kind of fucked up."

#16 Mainecat

Mainecat

• 51,173 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 11:28 AM

So I see the resident retards give him yet another pass , typical

Pass for what acting fuckin normal.......

FROM THE PHOTOGRAPHER WHO TOOK THE PHOTOS-

The story behind "that selfie"

selfie-obama-mandela_m.jpg

US President Barack Obama and British Prime Minister David Cameron pose for a picture with Denmark's Prime Minister Helle Thorning Schmidt next to US First Lady Michelle Obama during the memorial service for South African former president Nelson Mandela in Johannesburg. (AFP Photo / Roberto Schmidt)

french-button.jpg

By Roberto Schmidt

So here’s the photo, my photo, which quickly lit up the world’s social networks and news websites. The “selfie” of three world leaders who, during South Africa’s farewell to Nelson Mandela, were messing about like kids instead of behaving with the mournful gravitas one might expect.

In general on this blog, photojournalists tell the story behind a picture they’ve taken. I’ve done this for images from Pakistan, and India, where I am based. And here I am again, but this time the picture comes from a stadium in Soweto, and shows people taking a photo of themselves. I guess it’s a sign of our times that somehow this image seemed to get more attention than the event itself. Go figure.

selfie-combo_m.jpg

Anyway, I arrived in South Africa with several other AFP journalists to cover the farewell and funeral ceremonies for Nelson Mandela. We were in the Soccer City stadium in Soweto, under a driving rain. I’d been there since the crack of dawn and when I took this picture, the memorial ceremony had already been going on for more than two hours.

From the podium, Obama had just qualified Mandela as a “giant of history who moved a nation towards justice." After his stirring eulogy, America’s first black president sat about 150 metres across from where I was set up. He was surrounded by other foreign dignitaries and I decided to follow his movements with the help of my 600 mm x 2 telephoto lens.

So Obama took his place amid these leaders who’d gathered from all corners of the globe. Among them was British Prime Minister David Cameron, as well as a woman who I wasn’t able to immediately identify. I later learned it was the Danish Prime Minister Helle Thorning Schmidt. I’m a German-Colombian based in India, so I don’t feel too bad I didn’t recognize her! At the time, I thought it must have been one of Obama’s many staffers.

Anyway, suddenly this woman pulled out her mobile phone and took a photo of herself smiling with Cameron and the US president. I captured the scene reflexively. All around me in the stadium, South Africans were dancing, singing and laughing to honour their departed leader. It was more like a carnival atmosphere, not at all morbid. The ceremony had already gone on for two hours and would last another two. The atmosphere was totally relaxed – I didn’t see anything shocking in my viewfinder, president of the US or not. We are in Africa.

obama-schmidt-cameron_m.jpg

(AFP Photo / Roberto Schmidt)

I later read on social media that Michelle Obama seemed to be rather peeved on seeing the Danish prime minister take the picture. But photos can lie. In reality, just a few seconds earlier the first lady was herself joking with those around her, Cameron and Schmidt included. Her stern look was captured by chance.

I took these photos totally spontaneously, without thinking about what impact they might have. At the time, I thought the world leaders were simply acting like human beings, like me and you. I doubt anyone could have remained totally stony faced for the duration of the ceremony, while tens of thousands of people were celebrating in the stadium. For me, the behaviour of these leaders in snapping a selfie seems perfectly natural. I see nothing to complain about, and probably would have done the same in their place. The AFP team worked hard to display the reaction that South African people had for the passing of someone they consider as a father. We moved about 500 pictures, trying to portray their true feelings, and this seemingly trivial image seems to have eclipsed much of this collective work.

selfie-obama-soweto_m.jpg

(AFP Photo / Roberto Schmidt)

It was interesting to see politicians in a human light because usually when we see them it is in such a controlled environment. Maybe this would not be such an issue if we, as the press, would have more access to dignitaries and be able to show they are human as the rest of us.

I confess too that it makes me a little sad we are so obsessed with day-to-day trivialities, instead of things of true importance.

#17 shortstop20

shortstop20

shortshitforbrains

• 46,791 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 11:32 AM

Wow, talk about making mountains out of mole hills.

For fucks sake this thread isn't worth the kilobytes it is taking up. 

An apology? :lol:

Edited by shortstop20, 12 December 2013 - 11:32 AM.

#18 Matt

Matt

Above average member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4,186 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 11:35 AM

Barry's blackness getting the best of him.  LOL

Maybe Michelle was in a somber mood as she's the only actual black person in that row.

#19 WildBoer

WildBoer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6,769 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 11:37 AM

He was at a memorial service and was acting like everyone else at the service, but go on, keep telling us how he's not presidential and this is a disgrace.

#20 racer254

racer254

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,351 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 11:37 AM

Hilarious clip from Blazing Saddles.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users