• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#1 Vince

Vince

Real name no gimmicks

• USA Contributing Members
  • 34,389 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 09:32 PM

Everytime I do a Google search today I get a message from Avast that says Malicious URL Detected, any ideas why?

I did a print screen so you can see what happens.

#2 f7ben

f7ben

• 49,862 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 09:39 PM

Everytime I do a Google search today I get a message from Avast that says Malicious URL Detected, any ideas why?

I get the same shit on several forums

#3 Momorider

Momorider

There are two types of sleds Cats and Dogs

• CDN Contributing Members
  • 49,787 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 09:40 PM

It detected that you are a leftist fuck :flipa:

#4 MTM

MTM

Yep

• 70,866 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 09:40 PM

avast is infamous for false alarms

#5 shortstop20

shortstop20

shortshitforbrains

• 46,526 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 09:49 PM

Browser might be hijacked.

Do a scan.

#6 Irv

Irv

• 8,949 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 09:55 PM

Do a scan.

X2, and make sure Avast is up to date with today's latest version.
(Do you use the free version or did you purchase the total pkg?)

Also would hurt to do a scan with Spybot.

#7 Vince

Vince

Real name no gimmicks

• 34,389 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 10:04 PM

Do a scan.

OK

X2, and make sure Avast is up to date with today's latest version.
(Do you use the free version or did you purchase the total pkg?)

Also would hurt to do a scan with Spybot.

Free version, and I will up date now and scan.

Spybot?

#8 Vince

Vince

Real name no gimmicks

• 34,389 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 10:06 PM

Is it OK to scan and stay online?

#9 shortstop20

shortstop20

shortshitforbrains

• 46,526 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 10:07 PM

Is it OK to scan and stay online?

With a browser hijack you'd be better of scanning while not using the computer, with all other programs closed.

#10 Vince

Vince

Real name no gimmicks

• 34,389 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 10:33 PM

With a browser hijack you'd be better of scanning while not using the computer, with all other programs closed.

Thanks, on another pc now.

#11 shortstop20

shortstop20

shortshitforbrains

• 46,526 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 10:38 PM

Thanks, on another pc now.

:celebrate:

#12 FrankieJames7

FrankieJames7

Ben Hanlon is a Faggot

• 8,869 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 03:47 AM

it has detected momo

#13 Irv

Irv

• 8,949 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 07:35 AM

OK

Free version, and I will up date now and scan.

Spybot?

Spybot Search and Destroy, I got the info off of Zlzebub through a thread he posted some time ago.

I downloaded it plus a few others, ran them as suggested and cleaned everything up.
Computer has ran way better since, but I still have the odd issue from time to time.

I also decided to purchase the Avast security after having ran it for about a year.
The purchasd version is fairly cheap imo but it does have some great features that the free version doesn't, like checking your entire system out during a reboot when it is not possible for hackers etc to be in your system.

Good luck :bc:

#14 ZLZEBUB

ZLZEBUB

trail boss

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10,383 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:32 AM

VINCE this same thing was showing up on SLEDNUTZ site as well weeks ago.....it turns out that INVISION or who ever they are using has not updated...guess what....not update JAVA

maybe this site has not gotten the updated INVISION with new JAVA...also.when that happens and its just a search on google or something it also means that YOUR MACHINE DOES NOT HAVE THE UPDATED JAVA....and google and all search engines use FLASHPLAYER and SHOCKWAVE....all these have been hacked...you did update your computer right when i said too last time? if not update IMMEDIATELY

JAVA
ADOBE READER
AIR
FLASHPLAYER
SHOCKWAVE MANUAL WINDOWS UPDATE....check it yourself....look at OPTIONAL UPDATES FOR YOUR PARTICULAR PUTER....its in anothe sestion on windows updates...see em....ist there any for your puter...ask me which ones you might need if you want...sonme are needed and some are not

PS....the bottom line is when AVAST tells you this upon a search....ITS ALMOST 99.99% the web sites fault and it is infected because they dont update shit on time

PS....that one you showed us says that the feed from google has a malicious virus included in the URL....they been hacked again...good news is...... YA AVAST AGAIN

Edited by ZLZEBUB, 24 July 2012 - 09:34 AM.

#15 ZLZEBUB

ZLZEBUB

trail boss

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10,383 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:41 AM

hey VINCE... make sure you run CCLEANER and fix the REGISTRY as this is important to shut down any system 32 run.dll virus....scan with MALWAREBYTES and SPYBOT for sure....ods are that AVAST stopped it and its the web site....but scan to be sure as a 32RUN.DLL is real real bad....call if ya need

#16 ZLZEBUB

ZLZEBUB

trail boss

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10,383 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:47 AM

it appears GOOGLE was hacked again at 9am yesterday like before....no JAVA i am afraid...idiots

http://jessenewhart....ch-been-hacked/

http://www.google.co...iw=1069&bih=505

#17 sledder10

sledder10

• 21,448 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 10:20 AM

Spybot Search and Destroy, I got the info off of Zlzebub through a thread he posted some time ago.

I downloaded it plus a few others, ran them as suggested and cleaned everything up.
Computer has ran way better since, but I still have the odd issue from time to time.

I also decided to purchase the Avast security after having ran it for about a year.
The purchasd version is fairly cheap imo but it does have some great features that the free version doesn't, like checking your entire system out during a reboot when it is not possible for hackers etc to be in your system.

Good luck :bc:

If you have avast I would do a boot scan if you have not already done so.

#18 ZLZEBUB

ZLZEBUB

trail boss

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10,383 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 10:22 AM

heres the full AVAST list and what the options should do....see if some are turned off....this list is someone elses so when i get home i will check and see which you need

Quote:
  • File System Shield — Real-time protection against viruses and other malware threats. Scans files as they run on your computer to keep viruses from being able to execute.
  • Mail Shield — Scans messages and attachments in E-mail/Microsoft Outlook/Exchange for viruses.
  • Web Shield — HTTP protection (local transparent proxy). Version 4.8 also allows the blocking of URLs. Scans URLs and incoming data for viruses, and aborts connections to the site if one is found.
  • P2P Shield — Scans P2Pfiles from file share programs.
  • IM Shield — Instant Messaging protection. (Scanning of files transferred through instant messaging applications)
  • Script Shield — Scans webpages for malicious scripts, and disables them from infecting your computer, though they can still be used. (for example, a clickable button)
  • Network Shield — Basic protection against well-known network worms. Acts as an Intrusion Detection System.
  • Behavior Shield — Reports suspicious behavior by analyzing the behavior of programs.
this is the minimum VVVVVVVVVV but i wouldnt run that myself....this is a quote from them

If you want minimal shields running, I would recommend:

Network + File + Web + Behavious

Though if your system can handle the AV software as a whole, there's really no point in unchecking any of them. There's never such thing as too much protection so for the most efficient results in virus detection, let avast! do its job fully. You can always change the settings later if it lags up your computer.

Attached Thumbnails

• avast.JPG

Edited by ZLZEBUB, 24 July 2012 - 10:24 AM.

#19 KIVALO

KIVALO

Sailing: The religion of wind & water, women & wine

• 42,470 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 10:22 AM

Per ZLZEBub I use...

AVAST
CCleaner
Spybot S&D

I'm running spybot right now.

#20 ZLZEBUB

ZLZEBUB

trail boss

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10,383 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 10:25 AM

VINNY....the virus is in the URL that says.....feed2.google.com blah blah blah....its in the google URL and not FREEDOMSLEDDER...otherwise AVAST would of flagged freedoms URL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users