• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 zr.rider

zr.rider

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 07:09 PM

A buddy of mine hit a deer last night and smashed up the front of his truck pretty good but he says insurance wont cover it because he didnt have animal impact? i have never even herd of this. just wondering if there is anyother way to put it through insurance or if he is sol.

Thanks Randy

#2 Viper

Viper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 892 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 07:12 PM

This must be some new clasue as I have known a few people in the past who have had the same thing happen and the Insurance paid...

Think I will call my Insurance Company to see if this is an issue with my policy..

#3 1trailmaker

1trailmaker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27,582 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 07:14 PM

separate coverage for animal impact?
someone here can answer for sure

I have to look at my policy
thanks

#4 apex_gt

apex_gt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 07:19 PM

Thats a wierd clause..I lent out my car and the driver hit a deer with it..Insurance covered it no problems..They even gave me a rental car until it was fixed..Helped that there was still animal fur in the grill.. Then its deemed no fault as well..

#5 zr.rider

zr.rider

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 07:33 PM

he is insured through TD could be possible this is something only they have

#6 1trailmaker

1trailmaker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27,582 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 07:35 PM

he is insured through TD could be possible this is something only they have

that may explain it
cheaper insurance usually adds the cheap coverage in that plan

#7 Stud Boy

Stud Boy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4,329 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 07:42 PM

The deer hit him, not he hit the deer. Damn kamikazi deers. :beer_cheers:

#8 TheOtherDooNut

TheOtherDooNut

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 686 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 08:50 PM

You need the optional "comprehensive" coverage on your vehicle, deductible applies but it will not be considered @ fault. There is no such thing as animal impact coverage. Lol...it always amazes me how much misinformation there is regarding insurance. Rant on..This is yet another good example of why buying your insurance with the help a broker is a better option. The banks hire donkeys for their insurance call centers. Rant off

#9 Viper

Viper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 892 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 08:58 PM

You need the optional "comprehensive" coverage on your vehicle, deductible applies but it will not be considered @ fault. There is no such thing as animal impact coverage. Lol...it always amazes me how much misinformation there is regarding insurance. Rant on..This is yet another good example of why buying your insurance with the help a broker is a better option. The banks hire donkeys for their insurance call centers. Rant off

Very true Doonut and if your looking for an honest Broker PM Slider your not gonna find a more honest guy in the biz...

#10 billy

billy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 09:02 PM

Did he get the tenderloins at least?

#11 zr.rider

zr.rider

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 09:23 PM

looks like hes pretty much sol he like me being a teen and paying through the nose for insurance has bare minimum coverage but thanks for the info

Randy

#12 zr.rider

zr.rider

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 09:24 PM

Did he get the tenderloins at least?

no deer was pretty mangled

#13 Tinker

Tinker

Smoker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5,341 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 10:23 PM

As said, he must have comprehensive insurance. I had to wait for the State Farm adjuster to confirm that there was impact with the animal before it went thru as a comp claim, but mine went thru.

#14 billy

billy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 10:31 PM

no deer was pretty mangled

always leave a knife in the truck. The tenderloins are way up in there and well protected. Harvest the precious meat.

#15 zoso

zoso

crazy

• CDN Contributing Members
  • 43,999 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 11:14 PM

always leave a knife in the truck. The tenderloins are way up in there and well protected. Harvest the precious meat.

:beer_cheers:

#16 Slider

Slider

• CDN Contributing Members
  • 2,597 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 07:38 AM

Very true Doonut and if your looking for an honest Broker PM Slider your not gonna find a more honest guy in the biz...

Thanks for the plug Steve....and Doonut was right...it's a comp claim if you hit an animal ...never heard of there being an exclusion for this, The auto policy in Ontario is standardized. The guy must not have comprehensive coverage on his vehicle.

#17 Killer

Killer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12,208 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 07:54 AM

hey Randy where did he hit it?

almost hit a wolf the other day, up until a few years ago I'd never seen one in the wild. Now I see them a few times a year it seems...

#18 Doonut

Doonut

internal combustion addict

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6,611 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 08:12 AM

S.F. paid out 10 grand for a whole new front clip on my crew cab after f in Bambi jumped out infront of me this past summer.

Couple hundy more and they would have stroked it.

Comp is cheap. I wouldn't have auto insurance without having comp coverage.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users